Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am a marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing. Check out my review of Kellogg Executive Education.
- What does Kellogg Executive Education do?
- Who is Kellogg Executive Education for?
- What does Kellogg Executive Education cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Kellogg Executive Education
- Alternatives to Kellogg Executive Education
- How does Kellogg Executive Education compare to Pathrise?
What does Kellogg Executive Education do?
Kellogg Executive Education hosts two online courses from Northwestern University’s business school. They give people marketing skills, personalized career plans, and formal certificates to help them become a digital marketer.
Students in both courses participate in video lectures, office hours, Q&As, hands-on marketing challenges, and projects that they can add to their portfolios. In addition, both courses give students a certificate upon graduation. While the courses are part-time, they feature completely different curricula and schedules.
Professional certificate in digital marketing course
The professional certificate in digital marketing course gives students a broad overview of digital marketing, covering in-demand tools and preparing students for the job search. Classes meet for 6 months and require about 15-20 hours per week. The curriculum covers content marketing, conversion optimization, engagement, campaigns, automation, A/B tests, and marketing analytics. Likewise, video lectures also touch on social media marketing, SEO, and SEM.
However, students master these topics by working hands-on with in-demand marketing tools like Google Analytics, HubSpot, Facebook Ads, email marketing software, and HootSuite as they develop their own marketing campaigns that really convert. The program culminates in a capstone marketing project that students can add to their portfolios and show off to prospective employers. In fact, past projects have focused on top companies like AT&T, Dollar Shave Club, and Dove.
Students also participate in career services. The course includes 8 career-focused webinars, professional development assignments, and goal-setting exercises. Students also craft compelling cover letters, write effective resumes, and optimize their LinkedIn profiles. Marketing industry professionals review student portfolios 1-on-1 as they prepare for the job search. Plus, students get personalized career path plans as they locate influencers and build their network to ensure a successful job search. However, this job support is only included in the professional certificate in digital marketing course. Digital marketing strategies students do not get access to career services.
Digital marketing strategies
The digital marketing strategies course helps current business leaders, managers, and marketing professionals utilize data, automation, and analytics. Classes meet for 2 months and only require 4-6 hours per week. The curriculum covers brand storytelling, Agile project management, behavioral marketing, marketing attribution, testing, and experimentation. In addition, students learn about the customer journey, customer profiles, segmentation, content strategy, automation, and artificial intelligence in marketing. Each module emphasizes the strategy behind marketing concepts. Throughout the courses, students work on “marketing transformation challenges” as they identify a real-life business challenge to solve with a marketing solution. Past projects have identified marketing strategies for top companies such as Google, FedEx, and AT&T.
Who is Kellogg Executive Education for?
People who want to launch a career in digital marketing could benefit from Kellogg’s digital marketing bootcamp. Their comprehensive 6-month digital marketing curriculum could be a good match for students who want a broad overview of marketing with lots of hands-on training using in-demand marketing tools. Moreover, the official university certificate may stand out in the Chicago area, meaning people who want to break into the local job market may be a good fit. The course could also be a good match for students with a full-time job as it is mostly self-paced, part-time, and flexible. Busy marketers and professionals who want to accelerate their careers could be a good fit for the 2-month digital marketing strategies course since learning only requires 2-4 hours of work per week.
What does Kellogg Executive Education cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition for the 6-month professional certificate in digital marketing is $6,950. On the other hand, he 2-month digital marketing strategies course costs $2,600, though it does not include career services. Students can pay in 1-3 installments with a deposit upfront. In addition, students who enroll together or have a referral get a discount.
Unlike many other programs, Kellogg Executive Education bootcamps do not have a formal admissions process. Although technically anyone can enroll, their digital marketing strategies course is designed for current business leaders, managers, and marketing professionals. The professional certificate in digital marketing course is open to absolutely anyone, though they encourage professionals with a degree to enroll.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new program, Kellogg Executive Education does not have too many online reviews. Although they have no reviews on their new Course Report listing, they have been featured on Course Report’s list of top marketing bootcamps.
Alternatives to Kellogg Executive Education
If you choose not to enroll in Kellogg Executive Education, there are a good number of alternative resources and courses that can help you launch a digital marketing career.
- The popular bootcamps General Assembly has a track in digital marketing with online learning options available. Their courses are project-based, with students graduating with polished portfolios to help them get a job. Their program features thousands of hiring partners, lots of 1-on-1 support, and a job placement rate of 91.4%. Learn more about General Assembly in our review.
- Another online marketing bootcamp is Noble Desktop. Their live instructor-led program offers lots of opportunities for hands-on practice with real marketing tools.
- Like Kellogg Executive Education, GrowthX Academy features a comprehensive curriculum that touches on many aspects of marketing and related topics. They offer courses for people who are interested in digital marketing, business development, product management, and even UX design.
- Students seeking a comprehensive curriculum can also check out Tradecraft. They teach courses in growth marketing, sales, product design, and more. Their 12-week program is designed to help people land a job at a high-growth startup, focusing on the entry-level skills students can use to impress employers. Similarly, GreenFig and Loyola University Digital Skills Bootcamp teach marketing and sales courses.
- The remote marketing bootcamps Digital Creative Institute, Highway Education, School16, SDSU Bootcamp, Jelly Academy, and InternStreet both include a comprehensive curriculum and lots of hands-on learning.
- The University of Denver Bootcamps, UC Davis Bootcamps, and Vanderbilt Bootcamps offer part-time digital marketing courses with a hands-on curriculum. Students in their program also build portfolio projects, meet 1-on-1 with coaches, and graduate with official university-branded certificates.
- Students seeking free digital marketing courses can also check out QuickSprout, Facebook Blueprint, Copyblogger, and SEMRush Academy.
- The massive online learning platform Coursera hosts thousands of courses in a huge variety of tech topics, including digital marketing. They often collaborate with universities and top tech companies like Google to keep their curricula practical and in-demand.
- Similarly, edX hosts marketing courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Find out if edX is right for your career goals in our review.
- Another self-paced option is Udemy. Their online learning platform hosts 100K+ video courses in digital marketing, tech sales, software engineering, UX design, and more. Students only pay around $10 per class and get lifetime access to the material.
- The massive online learning platform Udacity also offers courses on a variety of tech topics, including digital marketing. Students in Udacity’s nanodegree programs work 1-on-1 with mentors as they build projects they can put in their portfolios. Learn more about Udacity in our review.
How does Kellogg Executive Education compare to Pathrise?
Kellogg Executive Education is an online program that teaches people the skills they need to launch a new career in digital marketing. While their digital marketing strategies course requires past experience, their more popular and comprehensive 6-month digital marketing program is open to people with no experience. Fellows in the Pathrise program should have at least some background in their chosen field so they get the most out of our technical interview curriculum.
Pathrise has already helped 1,000+ students and professionals land great jobs by working with fellows at each phase of the job search. Our mentors work 1-on-1 with fellows on their resumes & portfolios, reverse recruiting and cold emails, behavioral and technical interview preparation, salary negotiation, and more. We offer an income share agreement so fellows in our program don’t pay until they get a great tech job. We never require deposits or upfront payment.
Like Northwestern’s bootcamps at Kellogg, the Pathrise schedule is flexible. Fellows in our program only have 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and can schedule 1-on-1 sessions as needed. Our curriculum is tailored to the needs of each individual fellow, crafting personalized career plans just like Kellogg’s bootcamps.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that optimizes the job search through 1-on-1 mentoring. Fellows in our program see their interview scores double and their response rates triple, landing a job in only 3-5 months on average. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to land your dream job, join Pathrise.