Read our article to learn about Coding Temple courses, prices, and student reviews!
Updated in 2021
- What does Coding Temple do?
- Who is Coding Temple for?
- What does Coding Temple cost?
- How do you join Coding Temple?
- Ratings and reviews of Coding Temple
- Alternatives to Coding Temple
- How does Coding Temple compare to Pathrise?
What does Coding Temple do?
Coding Temple is a Python data science and web development bootcamp with online part-time and full-time courses. They have campuses in Dallas and Chicago but onsite courses are not currently available. The full-time bootcamp lasts 10 weeks and the part-time bootcamp lasts 12 weeks. The part-time course meets Monday-Thursday from 5pm to 9pm CST and the full-time course meets Monday-Friday from 9:30am to 5pm CST.
The full stack web dev bootcamp teaches the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications and data analytics. According to the course description, students should expect time spent on homework review, discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts taught in the course are HTTP, databases, libraries, frameworks, DRY code, and design patterns.
Students participate in a capstone project that will highlight what they have learned. It will also act as a project for their resume and portfolio. Students should also expect some pre-work where they will learn about coding fundamentals before they join.
Who is Coding Temple for?
In the admissions process, Coding Temple looks for students who demonstrate a level of aptitude that will allow them to succeed. Like most bootcamps, students need to work hard to be successful.
What does Coding Temple cost?
The full-time bootcamp costs $13,495 upfront. The part-time course costs $10,000 upfront. Students can also choose to pay in installments or through an income share agreement (ISA). They offer some scholarships of $500 for women in tech, veterans, and college grads who are continuing their education.
How do you join Coding Temple?
In order to join the program, there are a few steps:
- Step 1: Students must first complete an application for the program.
- Stage 2: After the application is reviewed, they participate in a call with the Coding Temple admissions team.
- Step 3: Then, they have an instructor interview and technical assessment.
- Stage 4: Finally, students discuss payment and financing options.
Once they are accepted into the program, participants in all bootcamps are expected to complete approximately 60 hours of work prior to the first in-class session. This pre-work consists of several videos as well as practice problems. They recommend that participants budget approximately 20 hours per week for 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the course to complete this work.
Ratings and reviews
The reviews online of Coding Temple are mainly positive. They are on SwitchUp’s list of best bootcamps. On CourseReport, students felt like they learned a lot and they were impressed by their results. They especially liked how small the cohorts were (6-10 people) and felt like their instructors were very knowledgeable. Other than on CourseReport and SwitchUp, there are not many other reviews online for Coding Temple.
Alternatives to Coding Temple
As a bootcamp with a focus on software engineering, there are a fair number of alternatives:
- One of the most well known bootcamps is General Assembly. They offer full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on a variety of topics like software engineering, data science, UX design, digital marketing, product management, and more. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- Hack Reactor, Austin Coding Academy, and App Academy both offer online and on-campus courses for their software engineering bootcamp.
- Students can consider Codeacademy, which has online courses in computer science and coding for free. Learn more about Codecademy in our review.
- Lambda School, Zip Code Wilmington, DevPoint Labs, and The Tech Academy are online bootcamps to help people learn the necessary skills to land junior roles in software engineering and data science.
- Offering a variety of diploma programs, certificate courses, and other training, BrainStation is for students who are looking to pivot into a new career in data science, UX/UI design, development, and product management.
- For people with an interest in data science, Metis has part-time introduction courses as well as onsite and online bootcamp options. Learn more about Metis in our review.
- DataCamp, Dataquest, Promotable, Divergence Academy, and Data Science Dojo are also options for current and aspiring data scientists. They offer individual courses, as well as in-depth tracks.
- If you are starting from scratch, you can consider the self-paced course at Data Science Dream Job. Or, check out K2 Data Science, which is a part-time, online program.
- If you prefer in-person classes, check out Magnimind or Principal Analytics Prep, which have full-time and part-time data science courses.
- In the same vein, FourthBrain has part-time, online machine learning courses.
- edX is one of the largest online learning platforms. They have courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- You can check out Udacity and Springboard. These are online educational platforms that students can use to brush up on the basics or advance their current tech skills. Read more about Udacity and Springboard in our reviews.
- Similarly, Codecademy is one of the most popular coding programs online. They provide free courses on many different programming languages. They also offer membership options ranging from $20 to $40 per month for more course options and greater support. Learn more about Codecademy in our review.
- Students can also check out Coursera, which provides free and low-cost college courses from $29 all the way to $25,000.
- Likewise, 365 Data Science is a low-cost and low commitment option to learn data fundamentals.
- Udemy is an online learning platform with over 100,000 online video courses in a wide variety of topics.
- Free online resources, SoloLearn and the Mode tutorials have tracks in SQL, as well as other programming languages. Similarly, QuickStart, Codeup, University of Arizona Bootcamps, and Nashville Software School have courses in web dev and data.
- Or, consider Kal Academy, which works with women and underrepresented groups on software engineering, web dev, and data.
- The Menon Labs fellowship helps people learn the skills to get a job in web dev, data, and product management.
How does Coding Temple compare to Pathrise?
Coding Temple is a bootcamp with courses for people who are interested in learning how to become a software engineer. At Pathrise, job-seekers in our program should already have a background in the field they are interested in so that they can participate in and fully benefit from our technical workshops, where we provide a more specific curriculum based on what they will see in their interviews.
All of our sessions at Pathrise are live, as well as recorded, so that job-seekers in our program can review them afterwards and continue learning. Our program is flexible, with only 2-4 hours of sessions per week and 1-on-1 sessions that can be scheduled whenever fellows need them. It is also completely personalized to work on the specific skills that people struggle with the most.
Specifically, Pathrise focuses on technical and behavioral interviewing as well as resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building and strengthening, cold email and reverse recruiting lessons, and negotiation templates and guidance. Job-seekers in Pathrise find a job, on average, within 3-5 months of joining the program. The Pathrise income share agreement means fellows don’t need to pay until they land a job they love and start working.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. If you want to work with any of our mentors to get help with your technical and behavioral interviews or with any other aspect of the job search, join Pathrise.